The UConn Writing Center is researching a new Written Feedback service. These asynchronous appointments allow writers to participate in a remote dialogue with a tutor, receiving written comments and suggestions from a peer without meeting face-to-face or online.
Written Feedback appointments are recommended if…
- You feel comfortable clearly articulating your writing goals and concerns at the time you make the appointment
- You prefer the asynchronous modality
- Work or life obligations make it hard to commit to a synchronous session
- You live in a time zone that makes scheduling a synchronous appointment difficult or impossible
- Your internet connection is unreliable
Please note: Our Written Feedback service is not an editing service, and tutors will not make any changes to your writing. We will instead try to emulate a collaborative conversation, providing comments and notes based on the goals and concerns you articulate when you make the appointment. We will give holistic feedback on the whole document (usually in a few sentences at the bottom) as well as specific feedback on words, sentences, or sections using the “comment” feature in Word. We will also send you a Session Report (tutor note) after the session that will overview what we accomplished.