The following policies are designed to maintain access for all students, serve UConn’s academic mission, and keep our center running smoothly. If you have any questions, please email us.
- Undergraduates may visit the Writing Center once per day and up to 2 times per week.
- Graduate students seeking tutorials must first meet with our Graduate Writing Support Coordinator. This will help us link you with the right tutor. For our full graduate services and policies, see Our Overview of Grad Support page.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled session, you may lose your appointment to others waiting to work with a tutor. Please make every attempt to be on time.
- If you won’t make your appointment, please cancel it (and do this as far in advance as possible!). You can modify or cancel appointments using the online scheduling system or by contacting the Writing Center. If you have 3 no-shows without canceling ahead of time, we disable your ability to make appointments and limit future visits to drop-in only (but you can re-enable your ability to make appointments if you come talk to us).
- We can work with you on take-home exams only if your instructor allows that. A statement on the syllabus or exam should state that students can consult peers and/or the Writing Center (please bring this information with you to your appointment). For all take-home exams sessions, we email the instructor a summary of the tutorial. For all other appointments, you decide whether you want to have your instructor receive a summary report (what we call a “tutor note”).